Skip to main content

MN Housing Rights and Legal Issues

  • Disability Minnesota: Housing

    Disability Minnesota provides a single entry point to over 100 Minnesota state agency programs, products, and services that are devoted to the range of disability issues. We also provide access to laws, statutes, and regulations in pertinent disability-related areas brought to you by a collaborative group of state agencies.


    HOME Line provides free legal, organizing, education and advocacy services so that tenants throughout Minnesota can solve their own rental housing problems. We work to improve public and private policies relating to rental housing by involving affected tenants in the process. If you are a tenant in Minnesota (Minneapolis renters call 612-673-3003) and you are interested in your renter rights, you can reach our Tenant Advocates for legal advice at: (612) 728-5767. Toll Free Greater MN: 866-866-3546.

  • Legal Services State Support ( provides information for low-income Minnesotan's to solve civil legal problems. The Housing Link provides information on a variety of topics including housing fact sheets, housing discrimination, public and subsidized housing, eviction. The Disability Link provides information on Home and Community Based Services, MA, SSI, Guardianship and Conservatorship as well as other topics.
    Also see Tenants Rights in Minnesota written by MN Legal Services Coalition State Support Center

  • Metropolitan Center for Independent Living

    Phone: 651-646-8342

    MCIL is a Twin Cities metro-based, non-profit 501.c.3 consumer-directed organization founded in 1981. MCIL is dedicated to the full promotion of the Independent Living (IL) philosophy by supporting individuals with disabilities in their personal efforts to pursue self-directed lives.

  • Mid Minnesota Legal Aid / Minnesota Disability Law Center

    Phone: 612-334-5970

    The Minnesota Disability Law Center (MDLC) is the designated Protection and Advocacy System (P&A) for Minnesota and addresses the unique legal needs of Minnesotans with disabilities. MDLC provides free civil legal assistance to individuals with disabilities statewide on legal issues related to their disabilities. All individuals with disabilities are eligible to receive help, regardless of age or income level.

  • Minnesota Association of Centers for Independent Living

    Contact Person: Vicki Dalle-Molle, President
    Phone: 507-285-1815

    Minnesota Association of Centers for Independent Living (MACIL) is a nonprofit organization whose purpose is to advocate for the independent living needs of persons with disabilities who are citizens of the State of Minnesota. MACIL develops new resources and identifies and provides access to existing resources to enable persons with disabilities to live independently. No proof of documentation or disability is required and most services are free. There are eight center locations in Minnesota and 500 nationwide. Among the services provided are: independent living skills training, information and referral, advocacy and peer counseling.

  • Minnesota Department of Human Rights

    Phone: 800-657-3704

    The MN Department of Human Rights’ mission is to make Minnesota discrimination free including discrimination based on disability, family status, public assistance status, sex, national origin and race. The department is a neutral state agency that investigates charges of illegal discrimination including reasonable accommodations made for people with disabilities and housing discrimination.

  • The HUDdle


    The HUDdle: US Department of Housing and Urban Development Official Blog contains “reader-friendly” articles and resources on Housing, Homelessness, Affordable Housing.


Visit PACER's other sites: Teens Against Bullying | Kids Against Bullying | FAST Family Support | FAPE | MN SEACs

Translated content: Hmoob/Hmong | Español | Soomaaliga/Somali

    ©2017 PACER Center, Inc.