Champions for Children with Disabilities
POSITION: Transition and Employment Specialist
SUPERVISORS: Barb Ziemke, Gretchen Godfrey; Co-Directors
STATUS: Full time, salaried monthly, exempt status
This role is to help promote high expectations for youth with disabilities as they transition from high school to adult living in the community, in the areas of post-secondary education, employment, and independent living.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Present at local, state, and national conferences, events, and workshops on transition-related topics.
- Provide individual assistance, information, and guidance to families and students through phone, email and web conferencing on transition-related issues.
- Collaborate with professionals from agencies serving youth and young adults with disabilities.
- Write and develop materials to support families of students with disabilities on transition-related supports, including articles, blogs, and promotional outreach.
- Contribute content to website, including resources, articles, stories, and news.
- Maintain the project deadlines and meet project goals in a timely manner.
- Assist with project data collection and evaluation.
- Other tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience
- Expertise or desire to learn about employment and education rights and opportunities for youth and young adults with disabilities and their families
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to meet timelines, manage multiple tasks, and give attention to details
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in computer software
- Ability to advocate for individuals with disabilities and their families
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to provide own transportation and flexibility to travel for state and national presentations. Occasional overnight travel will be required.
Send resume with cover letter to:
Hiring Manager | careers@PACER.org | PACER Center | 8161 Normandale Boulevard | Minneapolis, MN 55437
PACER Center is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: December 2016