Champions for Children with Disabilities
Major Donor Coordinator
POSITION: Major Donor Coordinator
SUPERVISOR: Paula F. Goldberg, Executive Director
STATUS: Full-time, salaried monthly, exempt status
- Raise major gifts from individuals.
- Build relationships with some of the current donors and develop relationships with future individual donors.
- Develop and implement, in collaboration with Executive Director, a new major gifts program.
- In collaboration with Executive Director, continue to raise endowment funds and meet with potential donors.
- Raise awareness of PACER at both the local and national level.
- Supervise the maintenance of careful records of all gifts.
- Develop and build new relationships with potential funders, including foundations.
- Call corporations and individuals not currently involved with PACER to raise funds.
- Contact new individual donors on behalf of PACER’s fundraising activities.
- Solicit corporate sponsors and individuals for PACER fundraising events.
- Other duties as may be required.
- Previous experience in nonprofit development role preferred
- College degree required
- Ability to make “the ask” for funding to donors, especially major gifts from individuals
- Experience with building relationships with individual donors
- Ability to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments, and meet deadlines
- Ability to develop positive relationships with new donors and sponsors
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to develop and implement creative fundraising activities
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational and written communication skills
- Knowledge and sensitivity to issues, current information, and research related to youth with disabilities and children who are bullied
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals
- Ability to manage multiple tasks on several projects
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with Executive Director and other staff
- Proficiency in computer software
- Flexibility in understanding that written materials are reviewed by multiple readers
- Ability to keep confidentiality about community members, donors, volunteers, and staff.
Position available immediately. Parents of children with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Salary to be determined based on experience
Send cover letter and resume to:
PACER Center, Inc.
8161 Normandale Boulevard
Minneapolis, MN 55437-1044
PACER Center is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Posted November 2016