Champions for Children with Disabilities
|POSITION:||Parent Trainer and Advocate|
|SUPERVISOR:||Jody Manning, Parent Training and Information Center Director|
|STATUS:||Full-time, Salaried Monthly, Exempt status|
- Provide in-person, telephone, and e-mail assistance (information and guidance) to parents regarding special education procedures for school-age children with disabilities.
- Develop and present workshops in communities throughout the state for parents of school-age children with disabilities and professionals.
- Assist in public informational and educational activities by providing presentations to various organizations and professional groups.
- Research and write clear, informative materials on special education and closely related topics.
- Other activities as required.
- Ability to work well with others and interest in relating to parents of children with disabilities.
- Experience in public speaking, workshop presentations, and assisting others on the telephone and over e-mail.
- Experience working with individuals in a guidance role.
- Extensive experience and background in research and writing.
- Knowledge of laws and rules related to the education of school-age children, including early childhood, with disabilities.
- Ability to keep accurate records and collect data for evaluation purposes through using a database.
- Experience using computers and various programs
- Ability to provide own transportation and flexibility to travel. Workshops are presented during both day time and evening hours, therefore, flexible schedule needed.
- Experience in community service/human service/social service.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Ability to apply analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines.
- College degree or equivalent background gained through training or work experience.
Salary to be determined based on experience.
Position available immediately.
Parents of children with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Send resume with a letter of application to:
PACER Center, Inc.
8161 Normandale Boulevard
Minneapolis, MN 55437-1044
PACER Center is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Posted, December 2016