Champions for Children with Disabilities
March 17, 2017
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: PACER Center 952-838-9000, 800-53-PACER
PACER Center workshop in Marshall will provide understanding of special education process
Minneapolis: PACER Center will offer “IDEA: Understanding the Special Education Process,” a free workshop for parents of children with disabilities and for professionals. It will take place from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday, April 4 at the Ramada Inn, 1500 E. College Dr., Marshall.
The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and its regulations affect how children in special education are to be served.
This workshop is for parents of children with disabilities and for professionals. It will cover basic information on topics such as:
- Understanding special education
- Understanding the Individualized Education Program (IEP)
- Evaluating and reevaluating students
- Keeping special education records
- Becoming an effective advocate for your child and an effective IEP team member
- Resolving differences